PDA

View Full Version : IP bans although immune set

mr.babek
07-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Hi,

I have a strange problem.
The ip of my bnc gets banned even though I have set the IMMUNE_HOSTS setting in ioFTPD.conf to ignore my BNC's ip. Is this a bug or do I need to set some other setting aswell ?

This is quite annoying.

Using ioFTPD 7.5.8, ioninja, nxtools, eggdrop and dzsbot

Yil
07-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Hmm... This looks like a bug. However, it only fails if the IP of the BNC doesn't reverse resolve to a hostname. I'll get a fix out for you in the 7.5.x line. In the meantime can you double check that you can't reverse the name? Easiest way is to login from the BNC machine (without using the BNC) and see what your login hostmask looks like. If it's just the IP address then reverse resolving failed.

Short term fix is just to make the number of connections before banning really large :)

mr.babek
07-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Goodie, thanks!

I've put the bnc ip + dns name in the hosts file.. see if that helps

mr.babek
07-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Ow yes, also one other thing.. it seem ioFTPD handles SSCN ok, not CCSN although FEAT says it should

Yil
07-24-2010, 05:19 PM
ioFTPD doesn't support the CCSN command and it isn't advertised as supported by FEAT. In fact, I had not even heard of that command prior to you mentioning it. It appears to be identical to the SSCN command which is popular, supported, and listed in the default FEAT response. Can you double check you didn't misread the FEAT response?

I think most FTP clients know about SSCN, but if you have one that only wants to use CCSN it would be trivial to add since the functionality is the same.