PDA

View Full Version : Auto creating shortcuts

BigBadPhil
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I recently upgraded to win7 and when I started using ioftpd again, when people upload to the directories, it turns the directory into a shortcut when they log back into the server. You then cannot go into the directory as it says it does not exist.

Does anyone have a remedy for this problem? It's stumped me :(

Thanks

Phil

Yil
11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
That's a new one to me... Are you using any third party scripts? I've seen ioZS in the past with a similar problem if it's configuration wasn't loaded into the registry correctly. You can use "site chattr -l <dir>" to undo the links and get the regular directory contents back.

BigBadPhil
11-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I use ioZs, upon disabling it the server works as it should. I ran the ioZs.exe and all the entry boxes were blank. I resored the defaults and it all came back. File, save, close it and its all gone again when you reopen the exe.

I feel win7 does not like ioZs? Is there anything I can do to bring back this wonderful program?

Yil
11-03-2009, 11:48 PM
ioZS v2+ stores the settings in the registry. I don't see any particular reason why it shouldn't work with win7, but let me share 2-3 things to try. First off, reboot. Then try to run setup as admin and see if the settings take when you look at them again. My guess is that should work and you'll be good to go from there. If that fails I'd recommend ioNinja :)