PDA

View Full Version : Some problems "Publish Form"

Yonatan
05-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi!
I want to translate FlashFXP to Hebrew language, but in Publish Form section, the Hebrew language didn't show as available language.
the other problem is that FlashFXP 3.7.8 series was released, but in Publish Form section the 3.7.8 series didn't show.

Yonatan.

bigstar
05-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Hello,

There is a translator currently working on the Hebrew translation, however his work is currently pending.

We plan to change the translations in the coming months to allow multiple people to work on a translation but until then I'm afraid there is no way to collaborate on translations unless you contact the original owner of the translation. The user currently doing the translation is galzigler

We only list FlashFXP builds where major changes to the translation take place. The translation file for 3.7.7 is forward compatible with 3.7.8 and the translation for 3.7.8 is backwards comparible with 3.7.7.

In 3.7.9 there were some major changes so the next translation template will not be backwards compatible.

Yonatan
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Hello,

There is a translator currently working on the Hebrew translation, however his work is currently pending.

We plan to change the translations in the coming months to allow multiple people to work on a translation but until then I'm afraid there is no way to collaborate on translations unless you contact the original owner of the translation. The user currently doing the translation is galzigler

We only list FlashFXP builds where major changes to the translation take place. The translation file for 3.7.7 is forward compatible with 3.7.8 and the translation for 3.7.8 is backwards comparible with 3.7.7.

In 3.7.9 there were some major changes so the next translation template will not be backwards compatible.
OK :)
Thanks

DYN_DaTa
05-06-2009, 03:17 PM
We plan to change the translations in the coming months to allow multiple people to work on a translation .

Bigstar, are you planning also to allow the figure of a main coordinator for each translated language?; i mean: most, if not all, translations were done (and maintained) by one person and that person could centralize and approve the efforts of some other people in order to improve the existing translation.

bigstar
05-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Bigstar, are you planning also to allow the figure of a main coordinator for each translated language?; i mean: most, if not all, translations were done (and maintained) by one person and that person could centralize and approve the efforts of some other people in order to improve the existing translation.

Yes, I believe that would be the best way to do it.

miki75
05-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Hello,

I don't agree with yours changes on the page https://oss.azurewebsites.net/languages.php ...
IMO the "Source" should not be available to ALL internet users, but only for translators users allowed by you.
And IMO only for translation where the translator is not more active,
and not where the translator keep the translation update.

Regards

Miki

hanzify
05-23-2009, 05:36 AM
yes, I agree with miki75.

bigstar
05-23-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure I see a reason to keep the source private.

The source files can not be used by FlashFXP without being compiled and the only way to do that is by submitting the source via the website and only the translator assigned to the language can do that.

miki75
05-24-2009, 05:41 AM
And as translator I don't see a reason to make the source public ...
The source is used only by translators and is useless for normal users.

Miki

bigstar
05-24-2009, 07:26 AM
For now I've removed the ability of non-translators to download the source, I will review this further at a later time.

miki75
05-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Ok, thanks :)

And we wait the new language pack 3.7.9 ;)

Regards

Miki