PDA

View Full Version : ioFTPD v6.8.2 beta released

Yil
08-24-2008, 10:25 PM
It's too early to tell if the TCL changes introduced in the the experimental tagged v6.7.0 have solved the problems but it didn't break existing script functionality so we're back to beta status now for these new features.

This release fixes a couple of bugs, provides some error reporting for VFS file parsing, and introduces default user options per group which can be really handy!

Site permission checking changed to default to access denied instead of granted. If you have added your own script commands make sure you add permissions flags for your commands. I believe the most common scripts already provide this for their features, but if you start getting "access denied" errors for things that worked before the upgrade check your permission settings.

Latest Version:
ioFTPD-v6.8.2.zip (http://home.comcast.net/~yil/ioFTPD-v6.8.2.zip)

Yil
08-24-2008, 10:26 PM
v6.8.0 Release Notes:

1) Files in \System:
Changed : ioFTPD.[exe,pdb] - Version 6.8.0.0
Changed : ioFTPD.ini - summary of changes by section...
[FTP_SITE_Permissions] : Added grprevert = 1M

2) Files in \text\ftp:
Changed : GroupInfo.Header, GroupList.[Header,Body]

3) Files in \doc:
Changed : itcl.txt, Cookies.txt

4) Files in \:
Changed : README

*** New Features:

4) Modified site command (site gadduser). ioFTPD now supports group specific
default settings! When using site gadduser the indicated group is made
the default primary group, and if the group's defaults settings have been
customized they are used, else the fallback of Default.User is used.
Support for changing and viewing group defaults is now built-in so no file
editing is required or suggested. Additional groups added to a user via
Default.User or Default=GroupName will now print and log lines showing
which groups the user was automatically added to.

5) Modified site command (site uinfo). You can now specify /Default=GroupName
to view the default userfile options for users created in this group via
site gadduser. If the group defaults are the same as Default.User would
be then a message to this effect is printed instead as the group is no
longer considered customized.

6) Modified site command (site adduser). Pure group admins who are adding
a user are now considered to be doing "site gadduser <primary group> ..."
which means that new users will use the Default=Group customized userfile
settings if available. Additional groups added to a user via Default.User
or Default=GroupName will now print and log lines showing which groups the
user was automatically added to.

7) Modified site command (site chgrp). You can now specify /Default=GroupName
to change which additional groups a new user created in the indicated
group should be a member of.

8) Modified site command (site change [credits, expires, flags, homedir,
logins, LimitPerIp, MaxDownloads, MaxUploads, opaque, ratio, speedlimit,
tagline, vfsfile]) . You can now issue this subset of available site
change commands for group defaults via /Default=GroupName. You cannot
however modify the defaults for admingroups, stats, or passwords.

9) New site command (site grprevert). This command removes any new user
group customizations for the specified group which means new users created
in the group will now revert to using Default.User settings.

10) New supercookie option (%[groupinfo(DefaultFile)]). The DefaultFile option
will return the name of the userfile defaults used for new users created
in the group. Either /Default.User or /Default=GroupName.

11) Modified TCL command (user create userName [<gid>]). The user create
command now takes an option argument to specify the default group of the
user. This is roughly the same as the site gadduser option and honors
the group customization features.

*** Functionality changes:

12) Site command permissions checking has changed. Previously if you didn't
specify restrictions on a site command it would mean anybody could use
it. I think this is just asking for trouble. Now you must explicitly
grant permission for commands in the config file. If you want anyone to
be able to use a command just use "*" in the flag sections.

13) Modified site command output (site ginfo). The text/ftp files have been
updated to display the group's DefaultFile option to indicate whether the
group has been specialized or not.

14) Modified site command output (site groups). The text/ftp files have been
updated to change the format a bit and to indicate whether a group has
customized defaults or not.

15) The VFS file parsing code has been updated to print error/warning messages
to Error.log if it has problems parsing the VFS file or finds references
to missing/offline directories. This should help catch some simple typing
errors. Since VFS files are loaded only on demand, and are cached, the
error messages won't appear until the VFS file is used the first time.

NOTE: ERRORS indicate that the identified line will not be processed at
all. WARNINGS indicate something amiss, but that ioFTPD will try
to work around the problem, and will keep the setting.

NOTE: While not officially supported it was possible to use relative paths
when specifying real directories. I.e. "..\site" / is kind of
useful and does appear to work, however there are problems when
resolving symbolic links and any such use of this syntax will
now generate a warning.

*** Bug Fixes

16) When creating a user via "site adduser" or "site gadduser" the addip
message lines were showing up before the created user message. This
has now been fixed again. Really. I mean it this time.

17) Users currently using Default.User to automatically add users to groups
will have ended up with inaccurate user counts for those groups.

FIX: Run "site ioverify" to confirm the problem exists, and then use
"site ioverify fix" to correct it.

Flow
08-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi Yil, thanks for the updates.

You think you can possibly setup nxTools and ioNinja on your machine just because is the best combination right now and run it along with the ioftpd updates. Sometime people get scared that new version will breaks scripts functions.

I have an issue with Warchive sometimes, the bugger crashes. I dunno if it is ioFTPD that make it crash. Whats Warchive ?. Is a diksspace handler scripts. Move/Wipe.

Yil
08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Flow: Honestly, it's time consuming enough to try and test just my changes... For the moment, perhaps people who have successfully upgraded can chime in with a remark about it working so others will have more confidence.

On the other hand, I have been making slow, but steady progress on my own script. First version is still a few weeks away but it will be similar to nxTools to start out with. The reason I mention that, is because it will eventually provide features way cooler than Warchive so perhaps that will solve your problem :)

Anyone with any suggestions for things you want in a site script should chime in now...

noelek
08-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Great news, thanks Yil.

Yil
08-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Looks like my new permission thing is working as intended. Of course aliases now need permission settings (which is a good thing), so you'll have to add these entries to [FTP_SITE_Permissions] in the .ini file:

# aliases
rehash = M
alldn = !A *
allup = !A *
daydn = !A *
dayup = !A *
monthdn = !A *
monthup = !A *
wkdn = !A *
wkup = !A *
free = !A *

After editing the file you can use the real "site config rehash" command to rehash and then you'll be able to go back to using the "site rehash" alias.

Yil
08-25-2008, 05:26 PM
New version released.

v6.8.1 Release Notes:

1) Files in \System:
Changed : ioFTPD.[exe,pdb] - Version 6.8.0.0
Changed : ioFTPD.ini - summary of changes by section...
[FTP_SITE_Permissions] : Added rehash = M
alldn = !A *
allup = !A *
daydn = !A *
dayup = !A *
monthdn = !A *
monthup = !A *
wkdn = !A *
wkup = !A *
free = !A *

2) Files in \Source\include
Replaced entire directory contents

*** Functionality changes:

3) The exported CreateUser command accepts the gid argument and this wasn't
documented in the v6.8.0 releases notes. Only meaningful to modules
such as ShareDB but important to note.

*** Bug Fixes

4) Forgot to include default permission flags for the defined aliases
in the default ioFTPD.ini file.

5) The "site change" command allows you to set permissions per user field
setting. Given this I have special cased the "site change" command to
always be allowed which means you don't have to provide access to the
"site change" command itself.

6) Updated the include directory to current header files for module builders.

Flow
08-26-2008, 09:52 AM
uh? im on M flag, i cant upload in chmod 755 area? ........ lets see now ... maybe scripts issues ... brb :p

Flow
08-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Alrighty, removed 2 old scripts and everything works. Total coolness :P (ionodual and tagline enforcement script).

Yil
08-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Yea, there is zero reason to use ioNoDual now as the built-in MaxDownloads userfile setting does that for you :)

Not sure what the tagline script does though...

Flow
08-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Wooohooo .... sitescript shoud have;
- Sitebot scripts support (ionija sitebot cuz is the one actually under development)
- Hdd space handler (move/wipe)
- .sfv creator
- Tagline enforcement. If a user have default tagline, then make him/her change. If a user dont have one, make him/her add.
- MSG handler. Send & Recive msg:s to users / admin

Lamme chew on it for couple hours, maybe something else might comeup as idea to your script. :) Im sure this list will grow pretty soon.

ZnowZtorM
08-29-2008, 10:07 AM
hm.. did a update to ioftpd 6.8.1 from version 6.6.1 and i used "site makecert" on that version .. in the new beta it doesn´t work anymore.. did you change something ?
have tried to make a new account and used the default ioftpd as i did before but i only get access denied
everything in the setup works perfect as before but the site makecert doesn´t :(

ZnowZtorM
08-29-2008, 10:33 AM
OK fixed .. changed the iogui to the location i had before \ioftpd\ioGUI instead of \scripts dir .. did a reboot and now it works.. but it was a memory prob not a prob in ioftpd .. thx for the update good work

Flow
08-31-2008, 02:08 AM
Hi Yil!

Would you make your sitescript like a open source projekt so if thare a bugg or somethin someone else could fix and so on?, I mean so you DONT need to do everything.

hukker
09-04-2008, 02:20 AM
"*** Functionality changes:

3) The exported CreateUser command accepts the gid argument and this wasn't
documented in the v6.8.0 releases notes. Only meaningful to modules
such as ShareDB but important to note."

Does this have anything to do with NXMYDB? you saying it works now?
If you wanna do something with ioftpd... why not make it glftpd like with a possibility to share users over a few server... thats a request I think people would love added.

anyways all youve done for ioFTPD sofar is just extraordinary, thank you.

Yil
09-04-2008, 06:22 PM
New "trivial fix" bug found. Add these lines under [FTP_SITE_Permissions] to the .ini file:

crashnow = M
loadsymbols = M
makecert = M

I probably should remove any permission checks for master accounts, but the new rule was you must have an entry for the command. These are really M only commands though so nobody without an M flag can run these even if aliased, etc, so they are locked down. On the other hand, this just illustrates why I made the change I did. What other script/addon/built-in command got overlooked and might be executable by anyone? I'll have to double check I got them all later.

nxMyDB / ShareDB are broken. I think neoxed just has to make a few edits and recompile nxMyDB for it to work, but given that it's been broken for a while now I'm not holding my breath. glftpd doesn't really support shared users (whereas ioFTPD provides an interface to do it and the above 2 modules did at one point), it's done via a script and NFS directory sharing I believe which is kinda clunky but appears to work... Shared users would be nice, so perhaps neoxed will re-compile or release the source.

I didn't get much time this week, but my site script is coming along... hopefully it should start being useful soon and you guys can play with it while I keep adding features.

Yil
09-14-2008, 01:19 PM
v6.8.2 is the same as v6.8.1 except for the .ini file modifications.

No need to download if you are already using v6.8.1 since it's probably easier just to add the few lines or wait until the next release.

v6.8.2 Release Notes:

1) Files in \System:
Changed : ioFTPD.ini - added
[FTP_SITE_Permissions] : Added makecert = M
crashnow = M
loadsymbols = M
removecert = M

*** Bug Fixes:

2) Added the missing permission flags for makecert, crashnow, loadsymbols,
and removecert.

Roadkillchef
09-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Thanks for all your work Yil. You think its possible to make a On/off function for MDTM anytime soon ? Really dont see the point why people would want to see when a file was touched last time before uploading, instead of when it was uploaded :) Also Im missing somekind of function for setting localtime, I guess ?
Hows your script coming along ? Is it gonna be a replacement for nxtools ? Since o-dog probably dont wanna tempfix it forever :)

Mave
09-16-2008, 07:17 AM
First a big THX again for the great work your doing.

I,m also wondering how your new site script is coming along and if your site script is gonne be a replacement for nxtools? .
Cant wait to test it cause i,m a bit tired of all the probs i got with nxtools. Never did got those probs with ioA which i always used before but since ioNiNja doesnt support ioA i,m forced to use it.
No offense against Neoxed ofcourse but a quick support is needed since ioFTPD and ioNiNJA are getting updated very fast.
Anyway if you need Beta testers please let me know cause i wil be more then happy
to get the peeps quiet on my sites :D

Yil
09-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Script is showing signs of life... I've gotten a lot of the low level stuff working and it will be similar to nxTools.

The first version will be pretty simple, probably just site dupe/search/wipe so people can play with it a bit. Shortly after I should have requests, messaging, nuking, newday, and maybe pre stuff (though I don't know exactly how that works in practice). I do plan on later implementing some sort of free space management that will delete stuff when the server needs space. That won't be limited to my script though. I'll use it, but the key feature the "I need space" request will be in the server, but it's up to a script to figure out how to do it so people can customize it however they want. That's the piece I'm not sure of yet since I want people to be able to preserve some things from auto-deletion, and a way to easily see what would be deleted next. Read only dir to owner implies keep? Some sort of other identifier? ioFTPD doesn't really use the eXecute flag so maybe overload that... Just no need to figure that out yet either, but if you have seen, or can think of a good way, let me know.

After that not sure what I'll end up doing, but I presume now that my script will support raided/merged dirs totally correctly I'll be looking to add the drive selection code to automatically span disks. Since it makes no sense to use the "I need space" feature if there is space on another drive and you've configured it to use the other drive...

Also, in later versions expect automatic symlink tracking. I might make that a semi built-in feature. Move/rename a dir, and any symlinks to it are automatically updated...

Couple of other little things. Looks like I'll be supporting ansi colors in my new cookie parser for my script. I'll probably go and make "site color" a real built-in feature in the core so other scripts can test to see if color is enabled and perhaps use it themselves. I was disappointed to learn that you can't use the ansi bold, underline, etc commands and have them show up in FlashFXP. Anybody seen those tricks in other clients? I don't see much point in offering cookie support for them if nobody can display the results, but at least colors appear to work fine if enabled, and to not show up if disabled.

isteana
09-16-2008, 11:30 AM
so im suggestin like this option:

allow to not defined flag permission for all user = True/False

Roadkillchef
09-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Script is showing signs of life... I've gotten a lot of the low level stuff working and it will be similar to nxTools.

The first version will be pretty simple, probably just site dupe/search/wipe so people can play with it a bit. Shortly after I should have requests, messaging, nuking, newday, and maybe pre stuff (though I don't know exactly how that works in practice). I do plan on later implementing some sort of free space management that will delete stuff when the server needs space. That won't be limited to my script though. I'll use it, but the key feature the "I need space" request will be in the server, but it's up to a script to figure out how to do it so people can customize it however they want. That's the piece I'm not sure of yet since I want people to be able to preserve some things from auto-deletion, and a way to easily see what would be deleted next. Read only dir to owner implies keep? Some sort of other identifier? ioFTPD doesn't really use the eXecute flag so maybe overload that... Just no need to figure that out yet either, but if you have seen, or can think of a good way, let me know.

After that not sure what I'll end up doing, but I presume now that my script will support raided/merged dirs totally correctly I'll be looking to add the drive selection code to automatically span disks. Since it makes no sense to use the "I need space" feature if there is space on another drive and you've configured it to use the other drive...

Also, in later versions expect automatic symlink tracking. I might make that a semi built-in feature. Move/rename a dir, and any symlinks to it are automatically updated...

Couple of other little things. Looks like I'll be supporting ansi colors in my new cookie parser for my script. I'll probably go and make "site color" a real built-in feature in the core so other scripts can test to see if color is enabled and perhaps use it themselves. I was disappointed to learn that you can't use the ansi bold, underline, etc commands and have them show up in FlashFXP. Anybody seen those tricks in other clients? I don't see much point in offering cookie support for them if nobody can display the results, but at least colors appear to work fine if enabled, and to not show up if disabled.

Sound very nice :) If I may say so, I believe your main goals should be to achieve same basic functionalities as nxtools, and compatability with ioninja ofc, cause looks like we shouldnt count on any more development(fixing) with nxtools ?

exitwin98
09-25-2008, 03:00 AM
[Bug Report]ioftpd 6.8.2 may be crashed by banned IP's connect

Config the ioftpd 6.8.2 to work fine, and set the auto ban IP feature ON (default is ON), start the test!

Test1:
Using some downloader program to download files from the ftp server, here we use FlashGet 1.73. Add 8 tasks to download from the ftp, no need set username/password, no matter file exists or not, just start the 8 tasks at the same time. Well, the client's IP is banned, very well, go on. Stop all of the 8 tasks and start again, then again, again, after about 10 times, the ftp server crashed.
In the server side, ioftpd.exe opened 500+ sockets without any online user, use 100% CPU (in multy core systems, only use one core, just like single-thread), and can not connect to it even in localhost, actually the ioftpd server crashed(hanged).

Test2:
Well, actually we are not sure whether banned IP is required or not, with this tests, the server crashed at once if we start 20+ tasks at the same time, no banned ip in log files

Test3:
Well well, another tester figures out that even the server is crashed, pre-connected users still can download there files from the server, but can't list files.

Test4(many testers):
We do test1 on many servers, some just crashed, some do not, but results a RANDOMLY crash after the test, even 1 day or 2 days later.
Also the SITE CRASHNOW command doesn't work after the server crash, as it can't accept commands any more, only leave the download/upload tasks on.

BTW: the download/upload speed(Kb/s) in SITE WHO command looks strange. I limited all the user to a download speed of 300 Kb/s, but the result ranged from 1 to 3000 Kb(maybe even more), like follows:

[2] site who
[2] 200-.-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
[2] 200-| User | Group | Action |
[2] 200-|------------+----------+-------------------------------------------------|
[2] 200-| admin | ioftpd | LIST -al Idle: 0:00:01 |
[2] 200-| ftp_test | NoGroup | DN: xxxx.avi @ 2771K |
[2] 200-| ftp_test | NoGroup | DN: yyyy.avi @ 2596K |
[2] 200-| ftp_test | NoGroup | DN: ddddd @ 7K |
[2] 200-| ftp_test | NoGroup | DN: zzzzzzz @ 596K |

This not affect formor versions(like 6.4.3)

================================================== ==

snap1: CPU usage
column names: Exe, user, CPU, memory, virtual memory, I/O read, I/O write

snap2:CPU performance

snap3:socket usage
status bar: 16682 opened sockes, 16631 selected (opened by ioFTPD.exe with 8888 listen-socket)

Zer0Racer
09-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Interesting. I've seen something similar on v6.4.3 when a friend of mine used a Mac ftp-client that always tried to download with many threads at the same time. Alot of connections (40+) stalled and showed up as -auth wait- or something like that in site swho. Tried site kill with no luck. Had to restart ioftpd to make them disappear.

Would be great if ioftpd could close such connections after N seconds.

Yil
09-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Hmm, I'd say that indicates that there's a problem and/or memory corruption issue if you connect to the server really quickly and perhaps overrun the 10 pre-allocated incoming sockets. If things have issues as often as you indicate this should be reproducible and hence easy to find/debug.

The test3/test4 case sure sounds a lot like my lockup issue but I could never trigger this on demand. If lots of connections to the server will do this then we might be onto something. The bad news is, I'm not sure this isn't a MS bug in the winsock library because I cannot access or acquire the lock directly that appears to get stuck...

Great detail there exitwin98. I'll see what I can do to reproduce the problem.

If you want to learn more, grab the appverifier program from MS (it's a free download) and set it up to watch ioFTPD.exe. This catches a large number of memory corruption and library errors. It does have a performance impact, but isn't that bad, however is will use lots of memory in order to play some tricks to keep performance acceptable which can suck on small memory machines.

exitwin98
09-25-2008, 09:18 PM
BTW: use

[2] site ioversion
[2] 200-ioFTPD version: 6-8-1r
[2] 200 ioversion Command successful.

6.8.1?

Yil
09-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Yes, that's correct. If you read the Changelog 6.8.2 only updated the .ini file to include permissions for the M only commands that now require they be listed. It's the same executable.

pion
09-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Is it possible to read a file in use now? (E.G a file being written to)

With files on 500MB getting uploaded, it can be useful to start downloading them before upload is complete..

Yil
09-26-2008, 03:00 PM
pion: Nope on downloading while uploading. Two problems. Internally ioFTPD would have to do a bunch of tricks to re-use the exclusive handle it has to the file, because if it did the simple thing of opening it normally other programs like zipscripts now wouldn't fail to open the file and might delete/rename it, etc if someone tried to rescan the directory. That's bad. On top of that you want it to continue slowing sending after catching up which is doable but requires a bunch of work since it's not setup to do that right now.

Just make people split 500MB files seems a much simpler option.

On the other hand, it can't hurt to ask every 6 months or so. I eventually figured out how to get limited unicode support :)

ioYil: Dupe/Search/Wipe sorta work and appear to do so with unicode chars as well. I'm going to go back, clean everything up, document some more stuff, and add some things like color support (which I've added to my TCL cookie parser already) into the server itself along with a few other pieces to better support user feedback for "site msg" and "site request". The trick is to eliminate the need to call a .exe or a TCL script every time the user sees a transfer done summary since that's a huge waste of time. I have it all planned out, just need to find time to write it...

tuff
09-26-2008, 04:15 PM
i aint been around in a while, but is io now being bloated out of the box? :(

pion
09-27-2008, 06:37 AM
pion: Nope on downloading while uploading. Two problems. Internally ioFTPD would have to do a bunch of tricks to re-use the exclusive handle it has to the file, because if it did the simple thing of opening it normally other programs like zipscripts now wouldn't fail to open the file and might delete/rename it, etc if someone tried to rescan the directory. That's bad. On top of that you want it to continue slowing sending after catching up which is doable but requires a bunch of work since it's not setup to do that right now.

Just make people split 500MB files seems a much simpler option.

On the other hand, it can't hurt to ask every 6 months or so. I eventually figured out how to get limited unicode support :)

My example was of a full 1080p source, where it's common to have like 100x 500MB files.. :) After you dump an entire evening of footage or similar..

exitwin98
09-27-2008, 07:49 PM
[TestReport]ioftpd 6.8.2 may crash with multi-part-download

We have posted some tests, here with additional tests, we should got something.

[Default IP Settings]
Connections_To_Ban = 6 # 6 connections without a reset and
# IP is temp banned (5)
Ban_Counter_Reset_Interva = 60 #
Temporary_Ban_Duration = 300 # Seconds host remains banned

With this settings, the io will not crash so easily (it takes several days to crash), so we changed the Connections_To_Ban to 600, others keep no change.
Connections_To_Ban = 600

NOTE: one IP can only have 2 connections on this server.

Start!!

Test1: download ONE file with multi-parts, like 10 parts, retry time set to 5 sec, must have the correct login account, the io crashed immediately!

Test2: same as Test1, but set retry time to 30 sec, the io did not crash, during 10-minutes' test.

Test3: same as Test1, but download 10 files without multi-parts, the io did not crash during test.

Result: Only 2 connections are allowed, so the rest 8 keep on retrying with high frequancy, the server will crash if download one file with multi-part, but keep working without multi-part-downloading. So the crash may be caused by multi-part-downloading.

As we have two BNC server connecting to this ioftpd server, the Connections_To_Ban must be changed to big enough to avoid banning the BNC server's IP (we set it to 6000000 in 6.4.3 and it works fine).
Or can we put these two IP(or more) into something like trust-IP-list ?

Yil
09-27-2008, 08:41 PM
When you mean one file with multi parts are you talking like split rar files and an sfv? Or are you trying to download the same file multiple times via the same account but just pieces of it to speed the downloading? I'd like to think either of those cases should work fine, and you just got unlucky quickly in your test with the fast retry time forcing lots of connections... Can you run that test a few times to prove it always dies or if it's random?

Yes, BNCs should be added to the immune host list so they can't ever be banned. Does your BNC forward the ident to the server via the IDNT command? Perhaps that might be a place to look for a corruption issue since I don't test that...

exitwin98
09-28-2008, 03:55 AM
The multi-part means the later case, download many pieces of files at the same time, just like many downloader program did. We know set the retry time big enough is the basic manner when using ftp, but someone did not, we have met one keep on retry using 100+ connect, resulting a 1000000+ retrys in one day(version 6.4.3 will not crash).

BNC with IDNT works fine, but actually connected to the ftp is the BNC's IP, the IDNT just tell the ftp the client's IP, so the BNC will still be banned. (n connections per IP work fine with BNC+IDNT)

The ftp server crashed again, worked for about one day. How to set the "immune host list"? If it works, we can set Connections_To_Ban smaller, and the ftp will stay longer, but alos will crash.

We'll keep on testing, and try to do something with appverifier.

Yil
09-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Immune_Hosts option in the .ini file. Allows you to exempt IP/hostmasks from every being added to the ban list and should definitely include the address of your BNC :)

Interesting that 6.4.3 won't crash for you and newer versions will. It's entirely possible I've introduced a bug in the banning/rejection message rate limiting code that got introduced in 6.5.0+ since a number of changes were made. That's my best guess as to where to look for a race condition so I'll give it a look... Though a number of login related code changes were also made for temporary accounts, deleted but not purged accounts, etc. Perhaps something there isn't happy under stress... It certainly looks and appears to work fine in small setups though.

Appverifier is what I'd start running to find this problem locally, so if you get errors off it, let me know. There are a few which are "ok" though.

exitwin98
09-29-2008, 07:32 AM
We have got another REQUIREMENT during one-day's test!

We SHOULD set the login limit and the LimitPerIp to lead to server crash within test1-4. If remove one of the limit, the sever did not crash with the same test.

By default, users do not have LimitPerIp, so the server will not crash so easily. But we set the login limit (site change user logins 100) and ip limit (site change user limitperip 2), to get a balance of download speed and server performance. So it just crashed.

Should check out these limits!!

Yil
09-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure that either user option is directly related to the problem. My guess is by letting the user login it reduces the number of reconnects since they aren't being rejected now.

On a side note. Check out the "maxdownloads" or "maxuploads" user options. That probably makes more sense than limitperip for most situations now.

pion
03-24-2009, 05:17 AM
so... what's happening?

no news in months?

o_dog
03-24-2009, 07:07 AM
sure there has been but forum lost a few months of posts

PSA9
03-26-2009, 03:41 AM
last realeased yil did in the forums was ioFTPD-v6.8.2 but o_dog has ioFTPD-v6.9.3 on his site http://odog.tx-shells.net and i just curious to which one should i get! the one from the forum or the one from 0_dog site?

o_dog
03-26-2009, 03:42 AM
read previous post

Yil
03-26-2009, 06:20 AM
Yea, forum lost months of posts... I'll re-post 6.9.x release notes and a new link to them later. 6.9.3 is currently latest.