PDA

View Full Version : need help transferring files help not found in support

davery76
06-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I can't seem to find the help for this situation, so i'm starting to guess this is not even possible.

What i want to be able to do, out of a recent backup of over 40 gigs of content is i put it on my client's server that i consistantly download to. So instead of me having to download all that content again, i was wondering how i can just copy all of the content needed into new directories within the same server.. i understand that FXP means SITE TO SITE but is it possible to do SAME SITE to SAME SITE? if not... why the heck not? i've tried doing it and all i get is a file transfer failed...

MxxCon
06-05-2008, 10:55 PM
FTP protocol does not provide functionality to copy files from one directory to another, only rename/move.
and you can not transfer files from a site to itself probably because of some internal server checks to prevent that.

DayCuts
06-06-2008, 02:38 PM
it is perfectly possible to transfer files to/from the same site, if you are getting errors it is either the server configuration stopping you, a misconfigured client, or even a firewall/router issue on the server side. if you paste the full status log maybe we can help you with a more specific reason yours are failing.

Jerin
06-18-2008, 02:39 AM
i am having the same problem please help me

MxxCon
06-18-2008, 01:57 PM
read https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/showpost.php?p=71792&postcount=2