PDA

View Full Version : What features would you like to see in the next release?

bigstar
05-25-2008, 06:52 AM
What features would you like to see in the next release?

Please let us know.

So far we're planning the following for the next release.

SFTP support.
The ability to switch between the old style button bars and a new modern look, as well as the ability to change the background and buttons skins.
When queuing folders for upload we now pre-calculate the size of the folder to give more accurate queue transfer times.
Added a new method of auto detecting the ftp server timezone using the MDTM command. (auto detect is now the default timezone setting)
Simplified the Quick Connect dialog, With the ability to open into the site manager for advanced configuration settings.
The ability to Enqueue raw commands and delete operations.
We will display an informational prompt if your FlashFXP configuration is read-only or if your user account doesn't have permission to modify the settings. this should make things much more clear to people who encounter this problem.
When editing remote ftp files we will make each edit unique so that editing a file with the same name doesn't overwrite the other. Tracker Post (https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/bugtracker.php?do=viewbug&bugtracker_bugid=173)

m69bv3
05-31-2008, 04:25 AM
Hi,

A new very interesting feature could be:

Auto Loading of queue file from a folder

User or script can save queue into a folder and one instance of flashfxp could autoload an transfert queue.

info_201
06-02-2008, 05:55 AM
An export function. It's very strange that you have an import but not an export.

MxxCon
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
export into what?

info_201
06-03-2008, 12:22 AM
xml would be nice

DayCuts
06-03-2008, 02:58 AM
Flashfxp can already export to xml format, however this feature is availible from within the site manager itself rather than the main menu. This is because you can select individual sites/groups/etc for export rather than just being limited to exporting them all. Simply right click in the tree menu of the site manager.

info_201
06-03-2008, 04:02 AM
Thanks. I had a look and I could only export as .ftp format, but it's better than nothing :).

DayCuts
06-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks. I had a look and I could only export as .ftp format, but it's better than nothing :).

I believe the .ftp file is infact in xml format.

FTPServerTools
06-04-2008, 06:14 AM
A very usefull feature comes to mind to be added... SCRIPTING!! I know some competitors have it or used to have it. Example: tcl scripting, or active script (which is easier to implement and definitely more extensive).
So then anyone can write their own scripts for auto transfers of files. And that fould make this flashfxp a lot more attractive to companies as well.
Or if scripting in flash itself is not available how about a nice flashfxp com object to control flash with externally?

m69bv3
06-04-2008, 06:56 AM
A very usefull feature comes to mind to be added... SCRIPTING!! I know some competitors have it or used to have it. Example: tcl scripting, or active script (which is easier to implement and definitely more extensive).
So then anyone can write their own scripts for auto transfers of files. And that fould make this flashfxp a lot more attractive to companies as well.
Or if scripting in flash itself is not available how about a nice flashfxp com object to control flash with externally?

+1

it's such a great feature to be added!

miki75
06-04-2008, 02:15 PM
A nice feature should be the MFMT support ... :)

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-03

Regards

Miki