PDA

View Full Version : Flash FXP keeps hanging at 16KB

alimax
09-05-2007, 08:56 AM
* FlashFXP v[3].[4], build [1145], [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] Vista, [X] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other (explain)
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [Netgear DG834G], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [X] Yes, Name [Windows Firewall], Ver. [SP2], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [AVG Free ] or [ ] No
* Network [X] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

I have had this problem before when I installed some regular windows updates about 2 years ago so I uninstalled the Windows updates and stopped windows from updating from that point on - now I had 2yrs worth of Windows updates to catch up on and installed them this morning (I have a problem with my printer spooler and needed to get Windows up to date) and surprise surprise Flash FXP is no longer able to transfer files. I can use FTP Transport and Filezilla without any issues BUT I have over 50 site definitions in Flash FXP that I would rather not have to re-enter into another prog and find all the passwords for again, plus I like using Flash FXP and don't want to have to ditch it!!

Whenever I connect to ANY ftp server and try and upload a file it only ever gets up to 16KB then the connection drops and hangs indefinitely, EVERY time without fail....

alimax
09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5194 is the thread I started 2 yrs ago about this - it was never resolved and I just avoided installing hotfixes - the hotfix 893066 in question then has not been installed within this latest tranche of updates so I am again left with the dilemma of uninstalling all hotfixes and security updates to get Flash FXP working again....

any advice from anyone most welcome!

alimax
09-05-2007, 12:28 PM
so I uninstalled all of the security updates that were run today and everything works fine again - to say it is not ideal is an understatement!! :confused:

bigstar
09-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Have you tried upgrading to the latest beta release?

http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12729