PDA

View Full Version : Please Help me uninstall FlashFXP

blair1
06-05-2007, 12:05 AM
When I go to my control panel-> remove programs-> and then try to unistall FlashFXP v3, I get a popup box that says "Cannot Prepare for resuming" and thats it. The annoying Windows "unsuccess action" tone plays and I can't move forward.

I have also tried going to C:/program files/flashfxp and using the unistall.exe with the exact same results.

Does anyone have any advice. I would really appreciate the help.... :)

MxxCon
06-05-2007, 12:21 AM
search registry for flashfxp and delete that, then reinstall flashfxp and uninstall it so all the entries are properly removed.

blair1
06-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Ok, so just search the entire reg for any "flashfxp" entries and delete any keys with that in there?

And then when I reinstall the app, and then try uninstalling it again, it should uninstall itself properly??

MxxCon
06-05-2007, 12:36 AM
yes, that is correct.

JackPack
07-29-2007, 10:49 AM
I have the same problem. Do I run regedit to find all the flashfxp entries and how many will be in the registry? I just don't want to mess anything up by deleting from the registry.

MxxCon
07-29-2007, 01:03 PM
searching for and deleting "flashfxp" should not mess anything else up since it's such a unique name there should not be any other application using that name :)
beside registry keys belonging to flashfxp itself, you might find a few MRU(most recently used) keys. it doesn't make much difference if you keep or delete them.

and as always, for safety, make backup of all the keys you are going to delete, in case you delete something you didn't mean to.

JackPack
07-29-2007, 06:17 PM
searching for and deleting "flashfxp" should not mess anything else up since it's such a unique name there should not be any other application using that name :)
beside registry keys belonging to flashfxp itself, you might find a few MRU(most recently used) keys. it doesn't make much difference if you keep or delete them.

and as always, for safety, make backup of all the keys you are going to delete, in case you delete something you didn't mean to.

Thank you very much...