PDA

View Full Version : ioftpd won't start...

Ludicrous
08-22-2006, 04:13 PM
ok, this is my first go at ioftpd. I downloaded the latest beta release (ioFTPD-beta5-8-4u)
I am using windows xp sp2.

i was fallowing the documentation, provided here: http://www.inicom.net/pages/en.ioftpd-documentation.php?s=2

i did everything it said to due, yet when i run the ioftpd.exe nothing happens. I don't see it in the running processes in taskmanager. it doesn't appear to be listenening when i due a netstat -a. No log files int the logs dir, and i can't connect via ftp to 127.0.0.1:9999. I figure i must be missing something but im not to sure what it is atm. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

here is my default.vfs

"C:\ftp\IOFTPD" /

here is my ioftpd.ini

##################### DEVICES ########################
##
#
# [Device Name]
# Host = <Host/IP> # External host. Address shown to clients. (0.0.0.0 = any local ip)
# Ports = <Begin-End> # Ports to use for data transfers. May contain comma seperated list of port ranges.
# Random = <True/False> # Use ports in random order
# Bind = <Host/IP> # Internal host. If specified, connections are bound to this address instead of HOST.
#
# Global_Inbound_Bandwidth = <kB/s> # Limit overall inbound speeds
# Global_Outbound_Bandwidth = <kB/s> # Limit overall outbound speeds
# Client_Inbound_Bandwidth = <kB/s> # Limit client inbound speeds
# Client_Outbound_Bandwidth = <kB/s> # Limit client outbound speeds

[Any]
Host = 0.0.0.0
Ports = 1024-2048
Random = True

################## END OF DEVICES ####################

##################### SERVICES #######################

[FTP_Service]
Type = FTP
Device_Name = Any
Port = 9999
Description = My FTP Service
User_Limit = 10
Allowed_Users = *
Messages = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ioFTPD-beta5-8-4u\ioftpd\text\ftp

### Encryption ###
#
Require_Encrypted_Auth = !*
Require_Encrypted_Data = !*
#Certificate_Name = 192.168.1.10
Explicit_Encryption = True
Encryption_Protocol = SSL3
Min_Cipher_Strength = 128
Max_Cipher_Strength = 256

################## END OF SERVICES ###################

greetz

lek666
08-23-2006, 06:08 AM
I had this problem...drove me mad!!!

then I found something in the KB that says the exe is case sensitive..so make sure it's ioFTPD.exe (not all upper or lower case)

worked for me

lek

Ludicrous
08-23-2006, 03:53 PM
i assume you are talking about the one in.

...\ioFTPD-beta5-8-4u\ioftpd\system\

and i renamed that like you said, and no go. anyother ideas? :confused:

Ludicrous
08-31-2006, 01:29 AM
you can close this i fixed it myself, <sarcasm> thank god for the support here and irc.

NEO_S2
01-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Oh man... Why didn't you write the solution here. :confused: You know, other people might get the same problem. Like me now. :cry:

you can close this i fixed it myself, <sarcasm> thank god for the support here and irc.

NEO_S2
01-10-2007, 01:24 PM
The guys at #ioftpd helped med out, thanks again.

and the problem was that I have missed the Host.Rules editing entry in the docs. So after editing /etc/Hosts.Rules it works.

Oh man... Why didn't you write the solution here. :confused: You know, other people might get the same problem. Like me now. :cry: