View Single Post
Old 06-21-2002, 03:04 PM  
LittleFart

Question problem with updated settings...

Oh well the new rc1 was long awaited but there are some very strange bugs which were not in the older 1.4.4 betas, i tested the new rc1 for some hours on different server types etc...

flashfxp does NOT update the settings...

made in: File Exists Rules, whole Preferences thing (F6), status window (timestamp etc)

when u change the preferences in one of the above listed
dialog windows it does not change it in any other running ffxp

normally it should change the new settings "on the fly", like
it worked in any older version...

actually it updates the flashfxp.ini file with the new settings
but when u change the settings while using 2 or more at the same time it wont update the currently running flashfxp instances (if u close ffxp and restart it after u changed some settings then ffxp re-reads the .ini file)

so the problem is that ffxp does not re-read the new settings from the .ini while working with it

If u change the settings while u only have 1 ffxp running all works fine (also when u start a second ffxp (after u first made the changes), the first changed settings will be used in any new ffxp window )

for example:
u start one ffxp process, then u change some settings etc all works fine, then u start one more ffxp and it will use the settings made in the first window BUT:

u start two (or more) ffxp and then u make changes to the first
or even to the second started ffxp it wont use the new settings in all running ffxp processes, it doesnt matter if u made the changes to the first started ffxp or to the second started one, it only changes the settings to the current ffxp windows, not to the other one(s)

other things to know:
- i tested with the new rc1 (860)
- i did a clean install of the new rc1, so no old settings used
- i run windows xp

sorry for my bad english