View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 03:05 PM  
Beastlee

THe problem is that by moving the folders out of the existing structure ruins the clean layout of the folders.

The reason there are 2 folders of the same name was explained :

The first folder (in the existing structure) contains those files that are completed.
The second folder on a different HDD ( sharing with DVDs etc) is for incomplete files.
The third folder on is on another HDD (just MP3s) and is for incompleted files.

Folders 2 and 3 are on separate drives due to space limitations. Whilst I would love to have them all in one place I would need to sell 2 HDDs to buy one bigger single HDD which wouldn't take long to fill either, resulting in the same problem.

I have alread mounted some folders within Win2K3 but it only allows drives to be mounted in empty folders which isn't possible here.

I would use software/hardware RAID but MS stuff is highly unreliable and hardware (with RAID on-board) is already in use.

It doesn't matter to me that I have to look in 2 folders on local system, it's easy to see ith. I just want it to be cleaner for those people on the outside accessing via FTP.

I just wanted to be able to do what I already do. Instead of having to move everything around for 'efficiency'.

I take on board what you have said and will wait to see if my requirements are met before continuing with what otherwise seems to be a fantastic bit of software.

Beast
Beastlee is offline   Reply With Quote