View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 11:53 AM  
thunk

Default Problem in useridtable (ioftdp won't start anymore)

I don't know what I have done. I added a user this day. Also i opened a <x> (number) user file while ioFTPD was running. I have not modified or saved anything then as far as I know.

30 mins later a user told me my server was going haywire.
The login process was looping (login > user > pass > login > user > pass) or something like that.

I tried to restart my server, but it didnt boot anymore.
There is now an unhandled exception in C:\ioFTPD.crash.log when i start the server (Unhandled exception 3221225477 at address 0x77f585c0 (0x00000000)
0x00000001 0x00000000)

I have followed the instructions from http://www.ioftpd.com/kb/view.php?kbid=77 . I extracted a new fresh copy and moved the files to there from my actual server one by one. As soon as i copied the /users folder and UserIdTable file the server wouldn't boot anymore.

When i copy the groupidtable and /groups folder it works fine. It boots with the ioftpd.ini too. So the problem is narrowed down to the /users folder or UserIdTable file.

I checked the UserIdTable file and it does not contain empty lines.
Also there is a carriage return at the end of the information (empty line).

The file seems to be in order.
Also in the /users folder I doublechecked every <x> number file (of the users) with the ones in the UserIdTable , they are all existing in the file.

I'm not sure anymore what I can check for, because I couldn't really see an error in the table or /users folder.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Greetings,
Thunk
thunk is offline   Reply With Quote