View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 11:28 PM  
neoxed
Too much time...

Default Re: How to increase speed on dZSbot's output?

When you say, "I have a dedicated channel for my server" I am assuming you run your IRCd? Since anyone can create their own “dedicated”, channel by doing /join #<random channel>.

Most IRCds have a relatively low RecieveQ (how many lines can be recieved by a client) as a preventative measure against flooding. When you say you have "disabled floodcontrol" this could mean many things. With bahamut based IRCds (maybe others?) you can create a seperate client class with a larger RecieveQ. Some IRCd's have a designated user-mode or channel-mode (UnrealIRCd) which exempts a used from these limits.

If you have in fact disabled/exempted the Eggdrop from such anti-flood measures, you could try increasing the max message queue in your Eggdrop's configuration file. The configuration directive is called max-queue-msg, you could try increasing it (if you don't have it, add it).

Quote:
Excerpt from a default eggdrop.conf
# Set here the maximum number of lines to queue to the server. If you're
# going to dump large chunks of text to people over IRC, you will probably
# want to raise this. 300 is fine for most people though.
set max-queue-msg 300
You could also try replacing all "putserv" and "puthelp" commands with "putquick" in dZSbot.tcl, which prioritizes the output to IRC.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote