View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 01:26 PM  
odd

Its better if you try to learn it yourself. Most of the ppl here have done so and with the help from the documents. But as your asking I have to belive that you have tryed enoufgh.

Chmod every directories that you want users to be able to upload to 777. In your case directori /upload/. Now regular users can upload to this diractory.

You have a Detailed Premissons for directories in you ioftpd.ini file. Here you can setup more advanced rules. Such as only allowing Master (M) to be able to upload/download/delete/ and mkd in special directories.

To do this...
Quote:
/download (anyone can leech & run sanctioned ioFTPD scripts, nobody 'cept M users can mkdir, delete, or upload)
you can do it in 2 ways.

1th: If you do not chmod /download/ to 777 only Masters (M) can upload/delete/ and mkd.

2th: Chmod to 777 then use Detailed Premissons for directories in you ioftpd.ini and setup these rules.
Quote:
###
# Detailed permissions for directories
#
# priviledge = <virtual path> <rights>
#
Upload = /download/* M !*
Upload = * *
MakeDir = /download/* M !*
MakeDir = * *
Delete = * 1VM
DeleteOwn = /download/* M !*
DeleteOwn = * *
These underlines rules means that Upload in directori /download/ is not allowed if you do not have flag M. You can setup users and groups also. Its mentioned in the documents. I hope i did not make it to difficult.

EDIT: changed the permissions so they are accurate.
odd is offline   Reply With Quote