View Single Post
Old 07-08-2002, 05:25 AM  
Dutchman

well let's put my word in too...

first of all

crackers and hackers they ain't gonna do this what you call "phoning home"for them just cause they kniow there will be cracks available always for every program that is released and ain't a little game...
I mean they will now just put a crack on it so that It isn't gonna call home you put in the registration of an invalid user than it will try to connect ohwohw it can't cause it's cracked...

But I think they do need a protection cause come on this program will be used too download from illegal pages and will be used to upload to pubs and this kind of illegal things so they need a good protection otherwise 10000 will use the program and 10 users are registered...

and well I don't think they will send information to an anti warez group otherwise they will get for court cause it's simply taking others privacy and that's illegal but they can validate keys and let there program work wrong if there's an illegal key and I think that's there right of every maker nobody wants to make a program just to let it be cracked...

and for some stupid people here NO i don't read entire user agreements and so on.... come on for every program I install I read the entire agreement? Noppe sorry...

I think if they put this kind of safety control in there software they should tell every user and not in the useragreement but everywhere... an apart scheme just before you install it or something...

Greetz Dutchman