View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 11:01 AM  
dRD

Default Three suggestions

Currently I only have one reason to use other FTP tools every now and then and that is in my list as #1:

-Multi-thread downloads. This is plain and simple and I'm 100% sure that there are tons of guys who would appreciate this feature and drop their LeechFTP tools for good.

two other suggestions are just small improvements, but pretty important anyway:

-once directories/directory structures are dropped in the queue, it would be nice that FlashFXP would go through those directories (or have a possibility in settings to allow this, if not as a default behaviours) and calculate the estimated download time and free space required for the downloads _before_ even launching the queue. It would help to see if "I can download this stuff during the night or not", etc...

-I saw that on to-do list there's a FTP site dir cache browsing added already. Good, but using multi-threads (obviously, if FTP site allows user to take multiple conns) for this one would be useful as well -- if the dir is _not_ in the cache that user wants to browse while downloading/uploading, FlashFXP would open a new thread/conn to server and show the damn directory's content anyway, so users could drag the 100 new subfolders to the queue as well if they see something nice while downloading -- other ways the only way to do this is to either open a separate FlashFXP and use that to browse or to wait until the 18hrs of MPEG-1 downloads (legal ofkoz) are finished or to cut the d/l and hope that resume works.