View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 09:31 AM  
Chuckeecheese

Cool Cannot FXP into a PC with Windows XP

Hello I got the fxp finally but have you ever tried FXPing into a Windows XP computer? I cannot do it. I have no problem fxping into a Windows 98 computer with Serv-U installed on it but I cannot get it on an XP machine with Serv-U. ANY THOUGHTS?

I am stuck here.

I have tried it now into two separate XP PC's and same thing. Also I made sure the firewall that comes with XP was disabled along with the other firewalls from third party programs. There has got to be some easy explanation...

I am behind a router but I CAN fxp from this fxpable site I know of into my Windows 98 computer and also into my brothers 98 PC. No problem. He is not behind a router. The way around the router is to check off > "Site uses IP Mask/Non Routable IP" IN FLASH FXP. This is on the "Quick Connect screen under the "Toggles tab"

This info on the Linksys router I found was on http:www.netknowledgebase.com under the Linksys Router link. This saved me because I have a Linksys router and I could not fxp until I checked this "Site uses IP Mask/Non Routable IP" IN FLASH FXP. I spent hours solving that problem.

My friend has a Windows XP PC that is not behind a router and it is exactly the same. I cannot fxp into his machine.

So it boils down to that there seems to be a difference with 98 and XP.

One thing to note. You half to connect to my PC "Non Passive Mode because of my router. I read at Net knowledge base that there is a way to make it passive with the settings in the router but I did not get that far yet. This is not the problem because as I said my friend, he has just 1 computer and no router and it is the exact same thing and message. I have no problem doing a regular ftp upload to the XP machines, it is FXPing into them where the trouble is. If anyone can help please email me at:sades6@hotmail.com

Thanks alot!