Thread: ioGui2
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:05 AM  
ADDiCT

If the current ioFTPD 6.x source modifications appear on sourceforge, i'll release the source of ioGUI2

Beware though, it's "advanced" VB6 code, meaning a compilation of hacks with the limited knowledge I had back then I have been looking into it yesterday, to see what I managed to produce +3 years ago. It was the last project in VB6 I have done, since then it's always been C++ for both school and personal project (and a little Java, C#, ...). I seriously doubt it will be of much use to anyone (there are not that many VB6 programmers left to begin with), although it seems I did document it enough for myself to understand the workings of it again (if that documentation will be enough for others is a different matter).

I believe the built-in HTTPd interface offers a better way of managing an ioFTPD server. I had once started working on such PHP scripts, but those sources are on another computer and out of my reach at the moment (it was basically a simple "Who's online" list and a directory browser with option to download small files like .nfo and .jpg). Besides this HTTPd interface, I also believe an ioGUI3 rebuild from scratch in a decent, maintainable GUI framework would be better than patching up ioGUI2. But there's my problem: I want it to be a native windows application. This rules out Java(Swing), .NET(C# or VB.NET). I have much experience with Qt 4 but that doesn't really have a native look-and-feel, but is easy to work with (I call it the Java Swing for C++). MFC is just out of the question, and that leaves me with frameworks I have never worked with (gtk, ...).
ADDiCT is offline   Reply With Quote