View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 02:52 PM  
JoeBAR

Quote:
Originally posted by Reformer
Seriously now

I really need help finding an dupechecker that works as i want

now with iobanana i have the problem when checking files that it still uploads the folders if the files exists..
You mean make ...

Quote:

I want a dupechecker that dont allow existing folder and files on the site but i still need to be able to make drawers with same names without having to exclude them..
Disallow existing folder = Dupe check DIR names

I suppose that by "drawers" you mean directories... Or folders, as is now used in Windows English language... You have to exclude these in the list of checked directories... IT AIN'T THAT HARD, IS IT?

Quote:

Why would it be so difficult to have a dupechecker that only dupes files and folders thats beeing uploaded and not created by using make dir in your ftp program..
ioBanana or newdir do that ... "Uploading" a directory is exactly the same as MKD a dir, since that's what the ftp client does... If you mean dupe dirs made in Explorer, you need to write a batch file or a small utility that checks once in a while the ftp tree, and add the entries that ain't already in the dupe log file...

Quote:

Please help me out.. couse as it is now.. i have tons of dupes coming up and its alot of empty folders.. its frustrating
All I've said has already been said, and all you want your dupecheck to do is what they already do... Making dirs on a ftp without going through the FTP itself is rather dumb... Insead of downloading, just fxp to yourself... If you want to put stuff off newsgroups or bittorrent or whatever alternative source, upload them to yourself too ....

If you still can't werk it out with all that, I suggest you give up :-)
JoeBAR is offline   Reply With Quote