View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 02:36 AM  
ZilverZtream

Thanks for the reply d1.

I got some questions to your answers tough...

Quote:
Actually you should be able to share userbase already (however, adduser, renuser & deluser do not show up in real time.. those will be fixed at some later point)
So the Credits for each user updates in realtime?
Otherwise it's still more or less useless to run it.

As understood we choosed to run Winblows instead of *NIX on our ftp servers just to try ioFTPd.
And since ioFTPd is still in development there are some things it lacks.

Any idea if this idea will ever be possible in ioFTPd:

We'd like to run all our FTP servers as one.
Right now we have 4 10MBit servers with an average of 300Gb.
We'd like to somehow connect them so when a user connects to the 'master' computer he/she we'll see the entire filesystem of the 4 computers.

Sure, this can already be done with ioFTPd if you connect the computers through a remote network.
The problem there is that the 'master' server will pull from the other servers and then the extra 30MBit of bandwidth will be wasted.

So the best solution would be, if a user connect to the 'master' computer and clicks a folder hosted on another system they'll be 'shipped' over to that system.
But, when I think it trhough a solution like that most likely must be supported by the users FTP Client and I'm not sure flashFXP or any other client supports it. (not sure howi t works on other servers)

Well, just my 2cents to try to help you make an already great FTP server even better.

Thx again for the fast replies.

ZilverZtream @ #0days, EFNET
ZilverZtream is offline   Reply With Quote