View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 03:07 PM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

I've been doing some research and I came across this.
Quote:
DefWindowProc generates the WM_APPCOMMAND message when it processes the WM_XBUTTONUP or WM_NCXBUTTONUP message, or when the user types an application command key.

If a child window does not process this message and instead calls DefWindowProc, DefWindowProc will send the message to its parent window. If a top level window does not process this message and instead calls DefWindowProc, DefWindowProc will call a shell hook with the hook code equal to HSHELL_APPCOMMAND.

To get the coordinates of the cursor if the message was generated by a button click on the mouse, the application can call GetMessagePos. An application can test whether the message was generated by the mouse by checking whether lParam contains FAPPCOMMAND_MOUSE.
As far as I can tell HSHELL_APPCOMMAND and WM_APPCOMMAND are the same thing.

FlashFXP looks for the WM_APPCOMMAND message, I have to wonder if your mouse is sending a WM_XBUTTONUP message but it doesn't get translated some how.

The problem with WM_XBUTTONUP is that it's sent directly to the active control. There is no viable way for me to intercept this message in every control.