View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 10:19 AM  
SkyeWelse

Default File Uploading Problems

Hi, I recently encountered an uploading problem when using FlashFXP. I was uploading files to my server "mother2.miraigamer.net" to my website ftp://cavestory.gameflaws.com and everything was working fine, no problems. Everything has been working fine for many months now.

I then tried uploading a text document one of the file folders on the site and something strange happened. Even though this file was only about 8 k, it would upload the file to the server only a certain percentage, such as 96% and then it would get stuck in sending the file. The only way to stop this operation at this point would be to disconnect from the server. After this, a file of the same name would be added to the file listing on the server, but it would be at a file size of 0 k. Also, it doesn't matter what type of file format I try uploading or what file size it is. The problem is still the same for everything.

I forget which version of FlashFXP I was using at the time as I just reinstalled it with the current version that I downloaded from the FlashFXP website that I hoped would fix the problem. It did not do this however and the problem is still there.

Even after creating a network place that links to my ftp sever, when trying to upload the actual file, it just freezes and never finishes the uploading process.

The current version I have installed is FlashFXP v3.1.14 build 1078 [BETA RELEASE]WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 on a Dell Latitude c400 Model.

The weird thing is that when I try to use FlashFXP on another computer, a desktop PC, it works fine in transferring files.

I'm not too terribly familiar with our server versions and such, but if this occurance is not a commonly known problem and more information is needed, I'll do my best to provide it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Thomas