View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 09:58 AM  
DayCuts

When using the edit feature and the connection is lost due to idle time (such as when editing script files as mentioned above). Once done flash fxp will ask you to click ok when ready to upload the new file, otherwise click cancel to abort.

If the connection is lost while editing the file, when you click ok will flashfxp automatically reconnect to the remote server (and navigate to the correct directory) then upload the new file, or does it simple fail?

If it does infact reconnect, then i see no problem here. However if it does not reconnect (and just fails) then perhapse an autoreconnect is a feature enhancement that should be concidered, and i believe would solve comart's problem.

I understand where he is coming from, because if it doesn't auto reconnect then you have to hit cancel (since flashfxp is single threaded and wont let you continue until you have made a selection). When you hit cancel the changes you have made are lost and you will have to start over. Obviously this would be quite irritating.

Also, simply increasing the anti-idle on the remote ftp may not solve the problem... if you leave for some reason and come back later to finish your task and replace the file, you will have surely been d/c from most places.

ps. i do not think any type of inti-idle feature is a smart move, as implied above, because all it does it create an endless cycle of clients and servers creating code to get around each other. Obviously, this adds undue amount of code and waste the developers time.