View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 08:31 AM  
Jay

Default Scripting Support?

I use FlashFXP religiously for installing & upgrading scripts that have several hundred files. It would be a massive help if I could implement a script inside FlashFXP to automatically CHMOD specified files and/or directories (w/ recursive CHMOD support - don't want to have to name each individual file).

In all, I have to CHMOD 8 directories & 27 files. However, the files that I want to CHMOD are not all together, so I have to hunt down each set of files to change their permissions with each installation.

As a one time thing that's done infrequently, this is not a problem, but I do several installations & upgrades per day, and this would save me a lot of time.

There are other FTP clients on the market that have scripting support, but I am hoping that something can be done for my favorite FTP client, which I've already purchased 2 licenses for.

For the search monkeys: I did try searching but came up with nothing. If you can bring up results I missed, feel free to post a link and accept my apologies.