View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 08:45 PM  
AdStar

Question Multi-threaded downloading

Ok I have searched I keep seeing the response of why to you want that?

Some of us have a legitimate reason for it.
I work from home (telecommute) and as you may be aware Australia has some pretty shocking internet set-ups..
The fastest home connectivity we can get is a 1.5Mbit/256Kbit DSL connection and with this connection ftp is listed as a non priority traffic.. ie the cap the crap out of it.

My work from home requires me to maintain a bunch of hosting servers located in the US, part of this is downloading firewall and http log files (which even rar'd up are over the 1-2Gb mark) to be analysed locally etc..

I absolutely love flash fxp and have been using it for god knows how long now, but the one down fall is the ability to open up and split a single file into a multi-part download, as well as running multiple connections to the same server. Much like WSFTP Pro does, the only reason I run ws-ftp is it allows me to download my log files alot quicker then I ever could. BUT in saying the wsftp is buggy, crash's and I just don't like it.

So I was hoping to request this feature to be included in flashfxp, I feel by the vibe etc around that it's the one feature that everyone is crying out for..