View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 07:25 AM  
lax

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with multi-threading as far as I can see. I'm talking about the fact that all activity freezes while the quick-connect drop-down menu is dropped. I don't mean during a transfer (since while downloading, the 2nd quick connect menu is unavailable), but during logon. As soon as you select the 2nd site to which you want to connect it resumes... it's not a question of having multiple threads to a single site, I'm talking about setting up a single connection to another site so as to be able to fxp between sites. It makes such connections perfectly well. One does not need to wait until you are fully logged in & have received a 'list' etc before selecting the 2nd site -- which to me demonstrates that the issue has nothing to do with multithreading. I know that flash only sends one command at a time, so that it's communicating with one server & then the other while fxping (I'm assuming that's correct anyway), but it has no problem with handling those specifics -- for instance, if I load a queued fxp session, it connects to each site in turn just fine.. It's just that while the quick connect menu (on the side opposite the one that's in the process of connecting) is active ("dropped"), the ongoing connection/transfer stops. No server messages are sent or received while that menu is active. As soon as you 'retract' the drop-down menu, whether by selecting a 2nd site to which you wish to connect or whether by simply re-clicking the quick connect button and not choosing a 2nd site at all, activity resumes.