View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 11:06 PM  
barske

Default bug when installing FlashFXP 3.0

I consistently experience this bug with Windows XP SP2 final installed. I did not try installing flashfxp 3.0 before I installed the final build of SP2.

I double click the installer, then click next, next, next, (assuming all the defaults), I click Next on the User Information screen (where the flashfxp data files are to be stored and I would always get an error message... as seen in attached screenshot. I had restarted the computer a few times and it would still NOT install.

I also installed ALL Release candidate versions of flashfxp. (version 3.0)

I was able to run the installer if I right click the installer, and choose Run in 256 Color compatibility mode.

Believe it or not, I was able to install the application after that. I then got to the next screen during the install, where you can check to indicate you want the manual installed.

Also, another interesting tidbit, after I had sucessfully installed FlashFXP using the above workaround, and then unchecked the compatiblity mode (run in 256 colors), and re-ran the installer in normal mode, and guess what..it seems to install fine now.

Here are my system details:
* FlashFXP v3.0, build 1015, registered
* OS WinXP with SP2 final
Attached Thumbnails
bug when installing FlashFXP 3.0-flashfxp-error-during-install-jpg