View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 04:53 PM  
snuh

Mapped drives work great in the latest beta - man I thought I was going crazy until I came here.

However, I think there's some interaction with XP SP2 going on - with sp1 and flash v3 1015, I could browse shared folders on the network ok - some delay for heavily populated folders, but it worked. Going to SP2 killed that, it was like it was just timing out, program not responding etc. At that point I tried mapping drives to those folders instead, which is when I discovered the mapped drive bug. Under SP2 and the latest beta, mapped drives worked again, but I still couldn't browse large shared folders (same damn folders!). Going back to SP1, I can now browse those very same folders properly over the network from within Flash.

So: a) SP2 can be a real disaster, and there may be some network+sp2 bugs to be ironed out with flash b) upgrading to the beta fixes the mapped drive problem, at least.

vital stats: xp pro (SP1 or 2 depending...) on the primary computer, win2k sp4 on the browsed machine, legal registered flash v3 1015 or latest beta on the xp box, AVG 6.0771 antivirus, no software firewall, linksys befsr41 router.