View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 10:58 PM  
Mouton
Posse Member

That message was sent to our access provider, by a member of our staff, multiple times.

Concerning SpamAssassin: You probably already know, but SA doesn't drop messages. It just add a header to the emails then let them through, leaving to the client, who will always receive the tagged messages, the job of deciding what to do with them.

That being said, I'm not aware that any email originating from the customer portal or the upgrade script are scanned by SA. In fact, I know they aren't.
Portal > my MX (mail.ttl.com) > my gmail.com account. No SA anywhere in the loop, I check the header just to be sure.
My MX checks for spam level and put a header which will allow my client to sort my emails automatically. Kinda like SA I'd guess.

So all Customer Portal's emails and keyupgrade script and functionnalities appears just fine to me and my servers.

This board relays emails to the SMTP instead of mailing directly to the users. That's probably what you saw. But as I mentionned before, the messages always go through with SpamAssassin, unlike with SORBS and other system of that kind.

Feel free to do more detective work about this matter. I'll be happy to reply to your concerns. As you can see by the length of this message, I have plenty of time on my hands.

Bye now,