View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 04:51 PM  
E-Buzz

Quote:
Originally posted by DYN_DaTa
Official FlashFXP answer:

Software: Trial Version
Absolutely no personal information is required to download and try out our software. Additionally, while in trial mode, FlashFXP will never send ANY information to us or any of our servers. FlashFXP is yours to try for free, without obligation, and without restriction.

Software: Liveupdate
LiveUpdate is a special feature of the registered version of FlashFXP. It allows for a convenient method to update the FlashFXP software. Because this is a registered version only feature, and to keep our download servers from becoming overloaded, a crc hash of your registration key is sent as an authentication token when LiveUpdate connects to our servers. No other information is transmitted.
Yes, i´ve read that text, i actually did it when i bought the license for 2.xx. What i (and a couple of others here, it seems) wonders is if this text also is valid for the new version 3?

Personally i am pretty sure it does, but just for clarification purposes and to get rid of the rumours circulating a clear and honest statement would be much appreciated....