View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 11:26 PM  
Oldbunny

Lightbulb Re: Suggestion: Support for Mode Z Technology

Quote:
Originally posted by guru
I was reading on RaidenFTPds forum about this and I saw FlashFXP wasn't listed. Thought I would just bring it to your attention so you could begin working on this.

http://www.raidenftpd.com/en/features.html

note : MODE Z implementation is based on IETF draft, and is not a proprietary protocol of RaidenFTPD, the original authors of the draft are J. Preston (NSC) and TJ Saunders
Very interesting subject about the MODE Z Technology which can Improve and Accelerates FlashFXP the Transfer Speeds.

If you wish to transfer a large file by traditional FTP, what will you usually do? Probably get a compression utility and compress the file and send it to the other peer, and the other peer has to have his own compression utility to decompress the file you sent.

With MODE Z technology , just send the file, and it's done. Transmission is automatically compressed in the background, bandwidth will not be wasted, no compression utility is needed.

Depending on the file types, some files can usually be compressed at a very high ratio, such as HTML documents, text files and LOG files. If you often work with these kind of files by FTP, you can absolutely be benifited by MODE Z technology

Besides that, it also accelerates directory listing speed for about 3-4 times depending on the size of your directory

Mode Z compatible Softwares:

FTP Voyager, Serv-U, ShareIT FTP, NetTransport, Core FTP, Smart FTP, Gene6, GetIT FTP, RaidenFTPD, BlackMoon FTP Server.