Thread: FlashSFV 2.4c
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 08:55 PM  
MxxCon
Super Duper

Quote:
Originally posted by p00chie
you can extend the logic of that and say that ftp servers are only supposed to serve files and shouldn't check file integrity on upload and people are wasting their time coding such features into their programs or making addons.
i have no problem with addons since they are optional.
Quote:
zonealarm is a firewall, yet it can also block popups. is that a stupid idea because it's not supposed to do that?
i think whole ZA firewall is a complete crud, and their popupblocker is nothing more than a bloatware which is designed to do nothing but sell more software. quality browsers like firefox or opera have buildint popupblockers, and for IE everybody and their grandma uses google toolbar which has the best popup blocer i ever used.

Quote:
not really a common sense argument that "it's an ftp client", when you think about it, is it? having a feature in flashfxp that automatically verifies sfv/md5 as you download them isn't really a feature that's totally separate from the ftp operations. why not include it?
flashfxp already has capability to call external sfv checking for downloaded files, no need to add bloat to flashfxp.