View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 06:59 PM  
jgowen

Tue 2/03/04 6:17 pm. Hello again. Got the same effect -- no update, no windows repaint -- when I use FFXP on XP laptop.

So now that we're getting serious, I removed some tray programs and for a change it *wasn't* MacroExpress ... and the winner is -- the fairly obvious ZoneAlarm version 4.5.538.000, TrueVector security engine version 4.5.538.000, Driver version 4.5.538.000 -- this is the free version, I think it's the latest update.

If I turn ZoneAlarm off, then (1.) the Xitami test works correctly (2.) the upload to my SSL website worked correctly. However I'm going to stick with the 80 KBps throttle for now rather than run without ZoneAlarm, which I am fond-of.

One noticeable anomaly in the SSL upload: with no ZoneAlarm, no 80 KBps throttle, the highest speed reported in the update was something like 95.7KBps, and it completed in 1.08 minutes. With ZoneAlarm, 80 KBps throttle, update reported speeds as high as 134 KBps -- but still completed in a slower time, 1.23' or something. And I *think* I could see the erroneously-high KBps reports coinciding with a delay in the update, i.e. something's still squirly in there even with the 80 KBps throttle.

Whatever; I hope this is one is reproducible.

j.g. owen * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
web: http://owenlabs.home.att.net/
email: owen_bda4@yahoo.com