View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 06:20 PM  
Whoppie
Disabled

Default Bug: Disconnecting after having started a queue hangs ffxp.

FlashFXP v2.1.924, Registered

Running behind NAT/router [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [X] No, [ ] Not sure

Running firewall [X] Yes, Name [Norton Internet Security], Ver. [2004 Professional Edition]

Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Norton Antivirus 2004 Professional Edition]

Network [X] xDSL (down:512/up:768)

The site is a simple Windows site, using Bulletproof (G6) as daemon. The site has a dynamic IP, hence an adress is used (dyn-dns).

Hope that about covers it all for now
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh.. my question, which I cant seem to find any answer on nor can I find any previous post concerning this matter, might be a bug or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

After, upon startup of ffxp, having restored a queue which has been previously aborted I press the "Go" button to get the transfer starting. Now, its quite easy to detect if a site is down or not: either ffxp connects or it doesnt .

So, if ffxp cant connect (it says "Connecting to abcdefghijkl" and just waits there), I usually press the disconnect button. Here is the problem. When I press teh disconnect button, ffxp stops working correctly. I cant connect to another site, it wont even open the Quick Connect window.

This happens on both winxp and win98(se) and happens every time I do it in this order... Load queue, start transfer of queue, disconnect (when the site is apparently down).... ffxp hangs. I havent tried this with a site taht consists of an IP instead of an Dyn-DNS adress... yet.

Restart of ffxp is the only thing that helps, it wont even timeout correctly after the disconnection attempt.

Bug or feature?

Hi Charles!!! *hugs*

/Anna E.