View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 10:59 PM  
basicair1

Exclamation FXP site-to-site problem...

I'm having a pretty annoying issue with using site-to-site transfers that i never used to encounter. here's the scoop:

i can connect to both sites fine. but when i go to send a file over it hangs on the STOR command and after about 3 minutes finally says that it was aborted and couldn't do it. i've tried changing every setting possible for each site including turning on and off passive mode for both sites, enabling/disabling passive for uploads/downloads for both sites. i've pretty much tried everything possible. sometimes by changing these options instead of hanging on that STOR command it immediately says connection cannot be established for data transfer or something along those lines. i've even had the person on the second site who -is- behind a router try and forward the port he's using and/or disabling/changing his DMZ Host setting on his router. *nothing* seems to work and it's super-frustrating! i never used to have this problem!

also i'm having another issue with fxp site-to-site on a different site, though. this problem is REALLY weird! what'll happen is i'll queue up any ammount of files from site A to site B and the first one will send fine. but it won't clear out of the queue so it won't start to send the next one in the list! and sometimes it seems to happen because instead of saying "226 Transfer complete." in the log in the lower left it will be cut-off like it'll just say "26 Transfer complete." or even "ansfer complete." or even just "ete.". What's the deal with this????

if anyone can help me with either problem it'd greatly be appreciated. oh and by the way i'm not having any of these issues as far as straight downloading OR uploading from my hard-drive to and from any site. these issues only happen in site-to-site and they never used to!