View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 05:20 PM  
MxxCon
Super Duper

Quote:
I am convinced that this issue may be as a result of an upgraded version of WinSock installed with 2.1.924, or some remnant of that version that is hindering any FTP performance by my older version of FlashFXP.
FlashFXP does not upgrade WinSock. WinSock is a Windows component which all internet application use. FlashFXP wouldn't touch such crusial component.
Quote:
Not using passive mode is really not an option, as I use a dynamic IP and do not wish to constantly set it.
regarding manually updating your dynamic ip, direct your attention to first 2 messages in the following thread: http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...&threadid=3207
Quote:
Moreover, the FTPs I am connecting to are behind firewalls and require a passive mode connection.
actually for firewalled servers it's better if a client will use PORT and not PASV becuase server will be iniating connection and firewalls/routers rarely hinder outgoing connections.

when you reinstalled older FlashFXP, was it into the same dir or different one?
try to connect to any ftp site with another ftp client or even web browser.
if you are having ftp problems with all clients, i suspect you might have a corrupt/incorrect WinSock on your system.
malware, such as spyware/virus/trojan could've replaced it. or that file just got corrupted.
scan your system and make sure it's all nice and clean