View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 12:55 AM  
Raccoon

Aah, So you are infact behind a router. Your original post said you were not.

The problem is that you're sending the port command "PORT 192,168,0,5,etc,etc" to a computer on the internet who has no idea who 192.168.0.5 is. This is a local IP useful only to computers on your own network. Instead it needs to tell the site "PORT 12,211,28,180,etc,etc" (presuming 12.211.28.180 is your public address)

I know there is a solution for this, but I'm not sure exactly how to set it up. You either have to enter your public address under Options > Preferences > Proxy / Firewall / Ident > "Firewall" > [] Bind sockets to this address, or I also recall some undocumented INI options that were once used for something like this.

Have you tried performing a site-to-site transfer between two Internet hosts with non-192.168.* IP addresses?

Hope this leads you in the right direction.

- Raccoon

Edited: Added....

Instead of connectiong to your own local FTP server through 192.168.0.5, try connecting to it through 12.211.28.180 instead. This might just save you the trouble of messing with the firewall settings, and will also insure your router is properly configured to accept incoming connections to the FTP server.