View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 02:53 PM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

Thank you.

When I conducted my tests; I was creating a sub-folder within the root location, so on reconnect the root was being refreshed and everything appeared to work correctly.

However in your case the sub-folder is being created within another sub-folder located in root and in this case the cache/folder of the parent is not refreshed.

The problem is that in most cases its not 100% clear why the CWD failed. What I mean by that is some FTP servers return 550 permission denied, or 550 not found, 550 Unable to handle command, etc.

Some FTP servers may use other response codes as well and we rely on these response codes to determine our action.
99% of the time when the CWD command fails we just accept the failure and move on.

However in this specific situation there is something more we can do. Since we know that we had permission to the folder at some point and now we don't it's fairly safe to assume that the folder was moved, renamed, or deleted. (Permissions may have been changed but that's the least likely)

What I can do is after reconnect if the CWD fails then remove the folder from the tree, file list, and cache.

I just finished these changes but I need to do some more testing, once I wrap that up I'll give you a link with the new build.