View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 07:55 AM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin3 View Post
hi , tried updating from build 3825 -> 3826 , it resulted 3times in a faulty download and then the resulting "incomplete download" window the button click doesnt work.
I am looking into this issue, How much time has elapsed before the download fails with an error?

Quote:
i tried then from a 2nd installation the downloaded update file :

sha1: DB50C3DD907A74B02ECE2DF9ACB0A760D35C224C
FlashFXP5_3826_Setup.exe

and manually point to portable installation folder of 3825 , tried to install "over" but resulted in still the same build 3825 , it seemed the installation just didnt overwrite the files. i remember you told once that that kind of setup file can also be used to install/manually update a portable installation.

i expect the 3826_setup.exe file (i just did a copy of this .exe file during updating my first 3824 build) to be the same update file like the plain normal standalone installer ,
Well I'm afraid you can't use the same installer for both, but you can use the program files installed by the standard installer, just copy over the files (i.e. flashfxp.exe, flashfxp.chm, etc) to the folder of your portable installation.

Quote:
What about the ability to have those build setup exe files in a sticky thread with proper md5/sha1 checksums , just to be sure ?
I will see what I can do, an ideal solution would be one that could be automated, that way we can avoid human error on my part