View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 10:36 AM  
HawkDawg

Default Flash FXP not working on Win 7

* FlashFXP v 5.0.0, build [3804], registered
* OS: HDD 1 - WinXP SP3 32-bit / HDD 2 - Win 7 SP1 32-bit
* Running behind modem/router: Comcast Technicolor TC8306C
* Running firewall: XP - Comodo Internet Suite V-8.0.0.4344 / Win 7 - Default Windows Firewall
* Running Antivirus: XP - Comodo Internet Suite V-8.0.0.4344, Win 7 - Microsoft Security Essentials V-4.6.305.0
* Network: CABLE

additional info if related
* FTP server(s) name: pure-ftpd, version:1.0.36

I've been using FlashFXP on Win XP since 2007 and am really happy with it. I've not had any problems with it.
Recently I bought Win 7 OEM and installed it on a second hard drive. I installed FlashFXP and it wouldn't connect to the server. All I got was Connection failed (Connection timed out).
Switching back to the XP drive FlashFXP connected just fine.

I can't figure out why it won't connect in the Win 7 install. I also can't connect to the server using FTP in Win 7 Windows Explorer, but I can with XP.

The only other things I have installed on the Win 7 drive is MSE and most of the Windows patches, with the exception of the 20+ Net Framework patches.
I have not tweaked Win 7 in any way yet. I don't see any sense in trying to personalize Win 7 if I'm not going to use it, and if I can't get FlashFXP to work I'll keep using XP. I maintain 9 websites so having FlashFXP is pretty important.

Any ideas as to what I can do to get it to work?

Below is the results of the Status window from XP and Win 7(edited for obvious reasons), if it helps any.

Edit 1: It seems I can't add the Status window report due to excessive tags. Basically the Win 7 report simply states "Connection failed (Connection timed out)"

Edit 2: I forgot to mention: I imported the settings to the Win 7 install of Flash from the XP install, although I don't think I made any changes to the default settings in the XP install of FlashFXP.
I also tried it without importing the overall settings but just the sites ftp file before I imported the overall settings.

Edit 3: I would like to add that I don't think this is a FlashFXP issue, nor a server issue. I believe it's a Win 7 issue.
I'm just hoping for a little help with it from someone that is more knowledgeable than me.

Last edited by HawkDawg; 01-24-2015 at 12:56 PM.