View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 07:04 AM  
DayCuts

Again tweaking my cleanup command I have noticed some things performed in an odd order, take the following example.
Code:
#CMD
{
/enqueue site chmod 777 %p%f
/cd %p%f
/select -f rx: ...
/delete selected
/enqueue mkd %p%f/Subdir
/select -f rx: ...
[SUBCMD]
}
/uncd

#SUBCMD
/enqueue /ren "%p%f" "%pSubdir/%f"

#SUBCMD V2
/enqueue mkd %p%f/Subdir
{
/enqueue /ren "%p%f" "%pSubdir/%f"
}
All of the /enqueue lines in the main {} block of CMD are performed first. Moving the /enqueue mkd to the sub command (re SUBCMD V2) is not good of course because then the wrong %f set is referenced. This just demonstrates that some things are still not performed in the logical order that they are written in. It causes the /enqueue commands in the above example to be iterated individually as if they were not inside the command block {} at all. This seems to be at odds with the purpose and function of a command block. Of course in the full command I am using, the /enqueue site chmod is intentionally outside of the bulk command block {} as I want it iterated/performed first, but this should be the users choice and I can see situations where not respecting its exact place inside the command block and iterating it as part of that group of commands could cause problems.

Also I noticed if I use the internal /mkd command instead of mkd as a raw command it following /enqueue it fails. A little testing confirms that the /mkd is non-functional under any circumstances. It is not being recognized by the parser at all and is sent as a raw command. Obviously this results in an error.