View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 03:35 PM  
benjamin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Yes it is possible to have both versions installed.

FlashFXP v5 will install into a new program\data location separate from version 4.

The first time you run version 5 it will attempt to detect a previous installation, if found it will import your settings and sites from the previous install into the new version 5 installation.

The data files are separate files and cannot be shared between versions. Once the import is done any changes made to version 4 or version 5 will be isolated from the other version.

If you're using the portable edition of version 4 or 5 then it may not find any previous installation, in that case you can use the Backup/Restore Configuration feature located under the Tools menu to backup your settings in version 4 and then import them into version 5.

When restoring a version 4 backup to version 5 the data files are converted to the new format used by version 5.
exactly what i want to do, but im too dumb to install it in portable mode the v5 beta latest build, i remember it was an option during setup which is not available in latest setup.exe ,

my plan is :

-backup v4 settings from my current portable version
-install v5 beta portable in separate folder
-restore v4 settings into v5 portable

question: if having some current queue , is this converted too into v5 valid queue files or included in backup , not sure at all.

UPDATE: seems portable one was some separate setup.exe , well i would prefer including this in the major setup routine so you can chooose to install portable or normal setup , also pointing to some existing directory to migrate automatically, or otherwise using backup/restore, which would not be a problem.

so anyone else using v5 portable , im too dumb to find it ;-)

thanks
ben

Last edited by benjamin3; 08-12-2014 at 03:41 PM.