View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 05:40 PM  
DJAndre

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 View Post
ffxp never changes line endings for anything unless your 3rd party apps do it. either it was you or someone else but fro what I gather it wasnt ffxp. ;>
With all due respect, that is not what was hashed out in this help topic. IMHO, you should spend some time reading it thoroughly, because what you just stated is wrong and it later causes misinformation and misunderstandings going forward.

If FFXP's Transfer Mode is set to Auto and PHP files are in the ASCII filter (as well as other types of files), it will change "line endings" from a LINUX server to a Windows PC transfer if the files have specific formats (i.e. UNIX).

The solution was to switch Transfer Mode to BINARY. Which will stop FFXP to make changes to certain files--according to it's ASCII filter settings.

My previous post was for me to have a clear understanding for the purpose for ASCII transfer mode. I just need someone to verify if that is what it's meant for--in layman terms. Because I really don't see another reason for it's purpose, especially since it will cause these kinds of issues for us that require certain files to be a specific format.

Before, I was relying on different methods to download a file for me to edit or work on, so it could keep it's original formatting. Since FFXP was giving me odd results, I was deterred in using this app. Now that I've come forward and asked the experts here, I was finally given a setting I can work with, and I am much more happier, since this will help me immensely with efficiency in tackling these tasks going forward.

App: FlashFXP 4.4.3 (build 2029) [registered]
Router: Linksys WRT54G build 5
Firewall: COMODO
Anti-Virus: AVAST
Network: Broadband
ISP: cox.net