View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 06:32 AM  
Centinela

Question Weird Directory Listing Problem!

* FlashFXP v[4.4.3], build [2029], [ ]registered, [X]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] Windows 8, [ ] Windows 7, [X] WinXP, [ ] Other (specify)
* Running behind hardware router/firewall [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [] No, [X] Not sure
* Running software firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [X] No
* Running Antivirus [ ] Yes, Name [ ] or [X] No
* Internet Connection [X] DSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Other(specify)

additional info if related
* FTP server(s) name [ ], version [ ]
* timestamped, and side prefixed server log
* screen shot if necessary.
* any other info

Hi, I'm working with FTP transfers between Windows workstations and a IBM's z/VSE Mainframe on a daily basis, till now I do it with a batch file, which has the login data and some common parameters for the copying process of the files with Windows' FTP CLI program; some weeks ago, I realized I could do the same tasks through a GUI based FTP program, so I tried FlashFXP. The thing is, despite I can connect correctly to the server, I'm not able to see its content at all, as if directory listing were failing although the connection log doesn't come up with anything strange as far as I can see.

On the other hand, I'm still able to perform the common tasks I want and even see the whole server's contents, using the Windows' CLI FTP program. So, I'm not able to use FlashFXP neither the basic Windows Explorer to work with this server, but only the prompt's FTP client. Is that specific restriction possible to use from a FTP server?

Regards.

P.S. I have the FlashFXP's and CLI FTP connection logs if needed, I didn't posted them above because they have some private information inside:[/B]