View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 PM  
BlayzeX

OK so here it goes...

So you could add a tab in the Site manager called File Encryption.

This would allow you to select which standard you would like to use AES/RSA/ETC>>
Then you could select the BIT.. 256/512/1024/2048, etc..
Password/Key
Possible Private key/Public key, etc..

Maybe a key generator along with it...

If the programmers understand encryption they get the idea..
__________________________________________________ _____

Actual Usage...

Once the information is entered

__________________________________________________ ____

I select a folder to upload the contents to the server.

The folder/file name is created on the server, but with and obfucating/encryption way of doing it based on the encryption values..the file contents are then encrypted while being transferred. = encrypted file with encrypted name IN an encrypted folder name.
(if hacker sees a folder named SECRET STUFF he is going to easily grab it versus ?b64xkTRHhyqjC3Smjf)

When logging into the server flashfxp uses the LIST command to get the directories/files, flashfxp will auto Decrypt the names so that it looks like a normal FTP and you can see what you want. When the user initializes the download, flashfxp will just reverse the process.. if the folder is selected it will decrypt the folder name and create the folder named SECRET STUFF.. then all the file names and then the file data so that its back to normal IN ONE EASY BUTTON CLICK.... TRANSFER

I hope this is successfully implemented and if it is...then I believe many people/companies might use it to assist in storing/sharing data.

I understand encryption can be broken, but we use it today anyway and it keeps MANY files safe. If those same standards are employed most hackers probably won't even try and move on to the next server. If a very RICH/Savy hacker likes challenges, then it will hopefully take the a VERY VERY VERY long time to decrypt. They would have to know what kind of encryption/key/etc.. and if its AES with RSA 2048 or higher.... it will be very difficlut if not almost impossible currently. As encryptions change, flash fxp could update it... just like any other current software that employs encryption.

Last edited by BlayzeX; 12-16-2012 at 12:42 PM.