Thread: Upload on save
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 PM  
mrphuzz

Hello and thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Are you using an external text editor, if so which application?
Yessir, I am using Notepad++. That is when I noticed the problem. So, to troubleshoot, I tried the internal editor, as well as notepad. All have the same effect.

Quote:
You might also try clearing your active edits list if you haven't already done so.
Done. Nothing.

Also, as a side note, I have used this new version only on this WinXP system here at work. I will be using it at home on my Win7x64 system in a couple hours, so I will be able to help determine if this is an OS issue or something else.

UPDATE:
I just got home, and as posted, I'm using WinXP at work (which, if you recall, FFXP v4.1.8's upload-on-save feature worked), and I'm using Win7x64 here at home. I just attempted an upload-on-save, using Notepad++, and it worked.

Additional info: because of the firewalls at work, I am not able to do a regular update via the application, which is why I simply downloaded the USB portable version of v4.2. Therefore, it was a clean "installation," as it were. Here at home, I am able to do the normal application update, and that is what I did. So... yeah. Not sure what else I can say! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help fix this problem. For now, I went back to v4.1.8 at work, but would really love to use v4.2. Our network disconnects a lot and v4.2 supposedly fixed some bugs that will really shine for me at work.

Thanks!

Last edited by mrphuzz; 03-05-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Just got home and checked program on home computer