View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:38 PM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

There appears to be issues with the local, remote, and queue list-views due to the changes that were made, these selection issues were quite unexpected but I am currently working to get them resolved.

The problem in detail revolves around owner-data list-view controls, when you switch to owner-data mode the item selection/focus states are still managed by the list-view controls however when the list content changes such as removing and/or reordering items the selection/focus states don't follow.

For example if the item at index 10 is selected and item 9 is deleted then item that is now item 10 is selected instead of the item at 9.

list-view controls have a way of defining callbacks so that the application can then manage the selection/focus states however these callbacks aren't supported by all versions of Windows. It wasn't until a couple builds ago that I realized this issue so I did away with the callback method and opted for a new solution, however my new solution didn't take into account every possible situation.

In FlashFXP v4.0 the method used to keep track of which items were selected/focused was managed in a different way and from extensive performance profiling I realized that the method created a huge performance bottleneck.

My goal was to eliminate these bottlenecks to make FlashFXP as fast as possible, The road has been rough but we're almost to the end. I know that once these few remaining issues are resolved it will be worth it.