View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 04:41 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

paja: I was able to confirm that 256aes did indeed work on 7.3.3 under win7 to my chagrin. I'm going to have to go back and test that on an old XP SP2 release because it didn't work when I tested it years ago (pre-vista) so it's possible they have added support for it and didn't document it, or it's only on the newer OSs, or it only works if you disable 128 bit support which I can't prove I tested back then...

We'd still have switched to OpenSSL because the stupid MS encryption library does all that DLL ref counting that was making the loader lock problem worse.

I'm really at a loss unless you try a different compiled OpenSSL library. Anything else odd installed on the server machine like some performance optimizer, network monitor, etc? There just isn't much difference between 7.3 and 7.4 and as far as network traffic goes there shouldn't be any difference which would account for performance changes like you are seeing.

One other thing you could try. V7.4 shouldn't have the Deny_Port_Host feature so why don't you connect to the server via 127.0.0.1 and select the Use Host IP for PASV feature and then FXP to the server from itself and see what kind of performance you get locally. Do the same test using the 192.168.x.y address of the machine to see if that makes a difference. If that works then it means we're dealing with just a network issue.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote