View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:01 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

Paja1: Clearly you see a difference, now to determine possible causes... BTW, I'm relatively convinced this isn't a common problem as I know lots of people aren't seeing this.

1) Let's compare apples to apples since the non-SSL transfers are similar let's set it up so that we can rule out the client/server having really poor CPU time or really bad encryption.

Try this .ini setting:
OpenSSL_Ciphers = DEFAULT:!LOW:!EXPORT:!HIGH

The !HIGH on the end should exclude the > 128bit suites along with some 128bit ones, if you don't get AES128-SHA then try

OpenSSL_Ciphers = DEFAULT:!LOW:!EXPORT:!HIGH:AES128-SHA

which I think should work but I've never tested... This is just passed to the OpenSSL library directly so you can consult the OpenSSL documentation for examples and more information.

If that doesn't show a difference then let's try to make sure it's just an encryption library difference. Since v6.6.0 is a long ways from 7.7.3, how about you try 7.3.3 which is the last of the non-OpenSSL releases? That way we can rule out a lot of changes. In general v7.4 and 7.5 were really about OpenSSL and 7.6 and 7.7 were primarily bugfix releases with a few non-vital changes thrown in.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote