View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 AM  
Yil
Too much time...

Carpo: Hmm, probably not for a bit as I'm pretty busy for the next few weeks and the code is in flux. I'm still trying to consolidate a few things and the reality will be a v8 that's probably half of what I wanted. Ah well, there's always v8.1...

Dahlia: Changes to threading settings require a restart of the FTP for them to take effect.

I'm not sure I understand your speed issue. If you get say 100K/s on 1 connection, but you can do 100K/s on each of 3 connections to the same FTP then the problem isn't the server itself, it's network delay. Try pinging or tracerouting the server to get an idea of what kind of delay you are dealing with. Assuming a consistent route and no packet loss you can increase speeds by playing with the TCP buffer sizes. This is something that I haven't done much with ioFTPD internally, but in the client make sure it's as large as can be and see if that helps.

SSL verses non-SSL to the same FTP is more interesting. Dramatic speed differences like say 100K/s vs 1MB/s shouldn't happen unless the CPU on the server machine is really poor or it's busy doing other things.

I see you updated it with up/down differences. Make sure your client has the same TCP buffer sizes for each direction, and that you are testing to the same disk drive with nobody else transferring if you can.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote